by Tammy Phillips
October 12, 2020
“But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ (Luke 10:5 NKJV)
Sometimes God’s whisper into our spirit is so gentle that we hear it, but we do not completely get it. Look at the God Whispers in reference to Luke 10:5 over the last two weeks:
- I came across this verse the week of September 28th, after a friend opened her mountain home to a group of us to go and pray. I regretted not speaking this verse over her home.
- A little later, the same sister who opened her home to us spoke the same verse to me.(I never shared my regrets to her, until now.)
- October 11th, I was praying with a warrior at church about two tumultuous situations. Honestly, not even knowing how to pray. Holy Spirit brought this scripture to mind so we could speak peace into those homes! Peace into the broken places.
- October 11th, a young woman came up with her entire family for prayer at church. Her request? Peace! We spoke peace to her house.
- I was thinking about this verse again this morning.I was reminded of our U.S. Congress and some friends that are waring there. I finally got it! I hear you, Lord. Your Peace is the answer every time. I speak, “Peace to the House of Representatives and to the U.S. Senate. I speak peace to the Tennessee General Assembly! Prince of Peace you are welcome!”
Peace is the answer! Jesus is the answer! Jesus is the Prince of Peace! Peace is the Hebrew word shalom. It is everything. It means whole; health; complete; safe; sound; prosperity; wellness; quiet. Jesus said: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27 KJV)
Peace described in this verse is the Greek word eirēne, meaning, tranquil state exempt from rage and war, harmony, good order, security, safety, prosperity, rest plus being set as one again, wholeness. Peace is peace.
The Hebrews used it as a blessing: “Peace be to you!” (Judges 6:23 and Daniel 10:19) Over 16 times writers in the New testament greets the reader with “Grace and peace be to you!”
I enCOURAGE you with these words, “May the Prince of Peace have free reign in your house! “PEACE BE TO YOUR HOUSE!” PEACE BE TO YOU! Wholeness! Completeness! Health! Safety! Security! Soundness! Prosperity! Wellness! Quiet! Harmony! Good order! Be set as one again! Peace to this house!”
“Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord!” (2 Peter 1:2 NKJV)