by Tammy Phillips
repost from January 16, 2020
“Then those who feared the Lord talked often one to another; and the Lord listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who reverenced and worshipfully feared the Lord and who thought on His name.
And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I publicly recognize and openly declare them to be My jewels (My special possession, My peculiar treasure). And I will spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him.” (Malachi 3:16-17)
The LORD treasures us. We are his jewels formed by years of pressure, trials and tribulations. He says, “’Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [is] mine.” (Exodus 19:5 KJV)
How do we know we are His treasure?
- He said we were. So, we believe it.
- He, God of the universe, pays attention.
- He, King of King’s, stops and hears us.
- He is so delighted. He loves that we are amazed and spend time talking about Him. He has a book written to record every word that we speak about Him. It is like how we take pictures to capture the gift of the sunrise and sunset that He often bestows on us in the morning and evening sky.
- He says, “They will be mine!” Isn’t that what you say when you pass by the TJMAXX counter and see some sparkly new jewel or pair of shoes? “It’s mine! I have to have it no matter the cost!” This is exactly what God did for us by giving us Jesus. God the highest price for his jewels.
- He promises to declare us openly as His Jewels
I enCOURAGE you to obey His voice. Do His word and then Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby or Diamond, you can be assured that YOU ARE HIS. You are His peculiar treasure, His precious and prized jewel!
Then those who feared The LORD, with awe-filled reverence, spoke, texted, emailed and called one another. The LORD paid attention and heard it. He had a book written of those who feared and lived amazed by Him and thought, plait, meditated, wove, and interpenetrated on His Name. “They will be mine,” says the LORD of Hosts, on that day when I publicly recognize them and make up my own jewels, my peculiar treasure.