July 25, 2022
by Tammy Phillips
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; Walk [habitually] before Me [with integrity, knowing that you are always in My presence], and be blameless and complete [in obedience to Me].“I will establish My covenant (everlasting promise) between Me and you, and I will multiply you exceedingly [through your descendants].” (Genesis 17:1-2)
In chapter 17 of Genesis, the Lord introduced Himself for the first time as God Almighty, El Shaddai, God the Most Powerful, the God who is more than enough – more than sufficient.
God essentially told Abraham what he needed to hear at the time to build up his faith, “ I am Almighty God, God who has the power to complete every promise. I am more than enough. I am able to do immeasurably more and exceedingly abundantly more than you can ask or imagine.”
Abraham needed to know this God because Almighty had told Abraham at age 99 that he would be the father of many nations. He also told 99-year-old Abraham at the right time, he would return to 90-year-old Sarah and that she would produce a son. Impossible? Not for El Shaddai.
Abraham and Sarah were imperfect, yet they remained faithful to God. El Shaddai did exactly what he promised. He was more than enough.
Last week at prayer as we were going over our “Hit List” with the Lord, I heard Him say for every prayer point on the list, “I am God of More than Enough! My promises are enough. My word is enough. If I said it, IT IS ENOUGH! I AM More than Enough!”
- God is more than enough to give purpose and a child to a 99-year-old man and 90-year-old woman.
- God is more than enough to heal our broken hearts from hurt, betrayal and any loss.
- God is more than enough to give us all the strength we need to face any situation.
- God is more than enough to make us resilient when the enemy has knocked us for a loop.
- God is more than enough to make us courageous in the face of any and every fear.
- God is more than enough to provide for our every need.
- God is more than enough to forgive our every sin.
- God is more than enough to restore crushed dreams.
- God is more than enough to give us new dreams and desires.
- God is more than enough to rebuild marriages that are falling apart.
- God is more than enough to deal with us laughing in His face when He tells He will do the impossible.
- God is more than enough to do the impossible.
- God is more than enough to protect us from the tentacles of any virus.
- God is more than enough to heal dementia.
- God is more than enough to heal any sickness, disease, or cancer.
- God is more than enough to send a girl who has had cancer all her life into remission at 12 years old.
- God is more than enough to take us to the land of begin again.
- God is more than enough to give us a brand-new start.
- God is more than enough to double our salary in a recession.
- God is more than enough to give us our dream house when all signs say, “not today!”
- God is more than enough to overcome any obstacles.
I enCOURAGE you to take God out of your quantitative box of “I am not enough. I am not good enough. I have to do more.” He is on your side. You will never be good enough nor do anything bad enough that our God of more than enough cannot overcome. In fact, He already did at the cross. Jesus paid it all. He was and is MORE THAN ENOUGH. His resources are infinite. His power is limitless. He is MORE THAN ENOUGH
“And God is able to make all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come in abundance to you, so that you may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him] and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity.” (2 Corinthians 9:8 AMP)