by Tammy Phillips
November 1, 2021
“And I will give [power] to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” (Revelation 11:3 NKJV)
Interestingly enough in the eleventh month of the year, we are halfway through the book of Revelation and beginning chapter 11 which is halfway through the Great Tribulation. The two witnesses are introduced. Much speculation goes into who these two people are. We will not know for sure until they show up on earth because that mystery nor their names are revealed.
When they show up, the Antichrist has broken his promise to Israel (Imagine that?). He has made his headquarters in the Temple in Jerusalem, and he has declared himself to be God. (2 Thess. 2:3-4).
The two witnesses come wielding great power.
- They prophesy for the last 3 ½ years, 1260 days. “Jesus is coming!” They will be driving the Antichrist crazy.
- Fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies if any attempt is made to harm them. You know this makes the Antichrist so very happy, not! I wonder, how many people die trying to kill them?
- If anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed by the devouring fire.
- The two have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy.
- They have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. Cannot even imagine how earth will be responding. (Revelation 11:5-6 NKJV)
Next, the witnesses are martyred, but NOT until they have completed their ministry. What unfolds next is a return to action on earth and it is quite unbelievable but believe it. It will happen.
- The Antichrist, the beast, will make war with them, conquer, and kill them.
- Their bodies will lie in the main street of the great city for three and a half days.
- The remaining earthlings will celebrate their death and throw victory parties.
- They will send gifts to one another because the two prophets had tormented the remaining earthlings. (Rev. 11:7-10)
BUT GOD…Don’t you love His sense of humor?
- After three and a half days, one blow, and the breath of life from God will enter them.
- The earthlings left will be glued to the television or internet. They will see the witnesses stand on their feet.
- Great fear will fall.
- The two witnesses will hear a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.”
- They will go up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies watch. ((Rev. 11:11-12)
- A violent earthquake will take place.
- A tenth of the city will fall.
- Seven thousand people will be killed in the earthquake. Seven thousand. Devastation like never seen before at one time.
- The survivors will be scared to death and give glory to the God of heaven.
- Second woe passed.
- COMING SOON: The Third Woe. A real-life event you do not want to be part of. (Revelation 11:13-14)
I bet the Antichrist is in full on panic. He thought he had taken care of the two witnessed and God showed him up, once again. The stage for the seventh trumpet is set.
I enCOURAGE you to see the grace in Revelation 11. You may see death and destruction. The LORD, even until the very last days before the return of Jesus is attempting to turn people. The two witnesses will do the job that we should be doing today. Even though they will endure to the end, they will be killed, BUT GOD! Glory to God. They will be resurrected. They will hear, “COME UP HERE!” Don’t you want everyone you know to hear those words? Share Jesus now so they can come up on the first call.