by Tammy Phillips
October 23, 2020
In the powerful words of Isaiah 58, God clearly outlines his plans, purposes, and our assignment to repair, restore and rebuild. We have an assignment in Christ to build up the broken down.
Those from among you Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In. (Isaiah 58:12 NKJV)
- GOD’S FAST and PURPOSE
Is this not the fast that I have chosen? We fast…
- To loosen the bonds of wickedness?
- To undo the heavy burden’s?
- To let the oppressed, go free?
- And that you break every yoke?
- Share your bread with the hungry?
- And you bring home the poor who are cast out?
- When you see the naked exposed, cover him?
- Don’t hide yourself from your own flesh and blood,
- EFFECTS OF GOD’S FAST
- Our light shall break forth like the morning.
- Our healing shall spring forth speedily.
- And our righteousness shall go before us.
- The glory of the LORD shall be our rear guard.
- THE LORD ANSWERS AND INSTRUCTS
Call, and the LORD will answer; cry, and He will say, “Here I am”.’
If you …
- Take away the yoke.
- Stop pointing fingers.
- Stop speaking emptiness, nothingness and wickedness.
- Extend your soul to the hungry.
- Satisfy the afflicted soul.
- OUR OBEDIENCE WILL BRING
- Our Light shall dawn in the darkness,
- Our darkness shall [be] as the noonday.
- The LORD will guide us continually.
- He will satisfy our soul in drought!!!
- He will strengthen our bones.
- We shall be like a watered garden (flourishing).
- And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
- OUR ASSIGNMENT
- You will REBUILD and RESTORE the old waste places, (the dry, desolate, drought stricken, parched by the heat of the breath of the enemy).
- You shall RAISE up, erect, help arise, make RESOLUTE the foundations of many generations.
- REPAIRER OF THE BREACH
We will be called the:
- Repairer (Wall up, Build a wall, Hedge in, Fence in, mason) of the
- Breach (Break, the Broken, the Broken Down, the Broken in pieces, the Gap)
- We will Build up the Broken Down in Christ
- We will be the Repairer of the Breach that stands in the gap, interceding, repelling the enemy. This is the act of the bravest soldiers who expose their lives to the most eminent peril.
- “So, I sought for a man among them who would make a wall and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. (Ezekiel 22:30 NKJV)
- RESTORER OF THE STREETS TO DWELL IN
You will be called the Restorer. (Returner, Refresher, Renewer, Turner Back, Bring back, Repentance Publisher) of Streets (Path, Trodden Way, High Way) Dwell In. (Continue, Abide, Remain, Sit)
- EVERY DAY IS THE SABBATH, DAY OF REST
- Turn away your foot from the Sabbath?
- Turn away from doing what you please on My Holy Day.
- Call the Sabbath a delight,
- Honor Him.
- Do not do your own thing.
- Don’t go your own way.
- Don’t find your own pleasure.
- Don’t’ speak your own words.
- Our walk with God should not be only defined by what we don’t do, but also what we do for the Lord.
- RIDE ON THE HIGH HILLS OF THE EARTH
- You delight yourself in the LORD, every day!
- And he will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, The mouth of the LORD has spoken.” (Isaiah 58:8-14 NKJV) HALLELUJAH!
I enCOURAGE you to let God heal your broken heart . Allow him into to restore, repair and rebuild you broken places. Once you know you are healed whole and complete in Him. You can begin your job of helping the next broken person. Start with yourself and pass it along. It leads to a glorious life.
One thought on “ISAIAH 58: REPAIR. RESTORE. REBUILD.”