by Tammy Phillips
October 1, 2020
Let the redeemed of the LORD say [so], Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, (Psalm 107:2 NKJV)
On October 11,2020, I attended a peaceful protest on Nashville “Public” Square. It was called Let Us Worship, also been called a “super spreader event. It was just that…
I heard on the news that I could receive a citation from the city of Nashville for participating. I have had a few people question why I participated and why no masks. (I carried a mask to this event and would have worn it out of respect, if others chose to wear a mask.) Here is my why…
- “For I know that my Redeemer lives.” (Job 19:25 NKJV).
Jesus paid for you and me. He redeemed us and bought us back. He paid for our freedom with his life and blood. We, as a Christian nation, have been silent and apathetic for far too long. I know my Redeemer and I want everyone else to know him.
- “Let the redeemed of the LORD say [so], Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, (Psalm 107:2 NKJV)
Our Bible clearly says let the redeemed say so. I believe my attendance and this peaceful protest was me boldly standing up for my Lord. Jesus says, “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 10:32 NKJV) I want God to know that I was not ashamed of Him. This was not a concert. This was worship. It was going before the throne of God with other brother and sisters in Christ and worshipping God. We prayed and petitioned our Father for our state, every state, and this nation. This for me was a business meeting with the Church before God.
- “The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, But the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil.” (Proverbs 15:28 NKJV)
I have been praying about how to answer, “Why no masks?” I can only speak for myself. If I believed the masks worked, I would wear them all the time. ( I do follow the rules in stores, restaurants, doctors offices, and hospitals, etc.) I know that when Jesus gave His life for us on the cross. It was to SAVE us per John 3:17. The Greek word saved is sozo. It means to keep safe and sound; to deliver, protect, preserve, be made whole and complete; to rescue from danger or destruction; heal, restore to health, to save a suffering one from perishing one suffering from disease. I believe Jesus is my Savior and Lord in all things. He is my protection. He is not just a ticket to heaven and eternal life to me.
- But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah (Psalm 49:15 NKJV)
I am not scared, nor fearful of dying. God has redeemed my soul, my mind and my body from the power of the grave. I will die a physical death if Jesus does not come back, but my spirit will live forever with my God. I finally get what Paul said in Philippians 1:21, “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Jesus bought our life and our freedom back. I am tired of living in COVID jail. Our rights are slowly being taken away from us and we are allowing it. No more! We have the right to freely worship.
- “Therefore, God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name, which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, (Philippians 2:9-10 NKJV)
The word corona means crown. I will not bow my knee to this disease. I will not be in fear of it. I will not crown it and make it bigger than it is. My Jesus is the only crown I will bow to. The corona virus has to bow its name to the name of Jesus. As well as every other disease, when we take the authority that Jesus passed to us as His disciples.
“He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; “they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16:16-18 NKJV)
- “But now, thus says the LORD, who created you…And He who formed you… “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called [you] by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will b] with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1-3 NKJV).
I enCOURAGE you to trust Jesus as you Savior and Lord. Trust Him alone. Do not fear. Walk in the freedom he paid for. Amen. #RESOLUTE2020