by Tammy Phillips
October 7, 2020
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV)
Who likes surprises? Do you like gifts? My sweet hubby’s birthday is October 11. He loves gifts. Last night, he jokingly asked Parker, “have you gotten my gift yet?” He even has a song,
“All I want for my birthday…” When Kris gets a package, he shakes it and immediately guesses what’s in it. He is often right. We have learned to disguise the boxes. Truth be known, I love to give gifts.
However, our Father is the best gift giver. 1 Corinthians 2:9 tells us that we have not seen, nor heard, nor even thought about what God has prepared for those who love Him. God is so loving that He gave us His very own son, Jesus. He gave us life eternal. Hidden in His word are many more gifts. And, “God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. (1 Corinthians 2:10 NKJV) Yes, God reveals, takes off the cover, unveils the hidden, deep things via the Spirit. Not only does present us with the unimaginable, He sends Holy Spirit to help us unwrap them!
When is the last time you wrote a love letter, sent a card, or a gift expressing your love for someone? God inspired men to write His love story to us in the form of the Bible. It is one of the greatest gifts that He granted us. In the pages of the Bible are the living, breathing words of God, the deep things of God. He endued us Holy Spirit to show us Himself and His secrets tucked away in scripture. Who knows what a person thinks except their own spirit? Same thing with God. Nobody knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
“Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.” (1 Corinthians 2:12 NKJV)
We have received and take hold of Holy Spirit so that we may know what has freely given to us. What have we received? The gifts that we have not seen, nor heard or even thought about. Amazing, Amazing things! Here are a few things we have received:
- Jesus. -John 3:16
- Salvation -John 3:17
- Remission of sins. – Acts 10:43
- Forgiveness of sins – Acts 26:18
- Eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 6:23
- The Holy Spirit – John 20:22
- All things. – Matthew 21:22
- Every good gift and every perfect gift -James 1:17
- All the days of our life. Psalm 139:13-16
- Every day. -Psalm 118:24
- Victory. -1 Corinthians 15:57
- The Blessing of Abraham – Galatians 3:14 KJV
- The adoption of sons. – Galatians 4:5 KJV
- The crown of life. – James 1:12 KJV
- The reward of the inheritance. – Colossians 3:24 KJV
- The engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. – James 1:21
- A crown of glory that does not fade away. – 1 Peter 5:4 KJV
- Abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness – Romans 5:17 13
- To Eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor -Ecclesiastes 3:13
I enCOURAGE you to open your Bible every day. Sit at the feet of Jesus and discover what precious gift he has awaiting you. Unwrap it, open it up, enjoy it, thank him for it and then give it away.
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15 NKJV)
One thought on “DO YOU LIKE GIFTS?”
❤❤❤ So good!!!!