by Tammy Phillips
August 29, 2020
“Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” So, rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the LORD your God, For He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm. (Joel 2:12-13 NKJV)
As our kids grew up, how many chances did we give them to “get it right?” Innumerable, right? With every breath and every new morning, God says, “Give me your whole heart. I want all of you.” My heart says that He is pleading for us to turn to Him.
“As the heart is to the body the mind is to the soul.”-Me
- The “heart” is the central point of the blood and the seat of life, as is the mind in the soul.
“Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life.” (Proverbs 4:23)
- The “heart “controls the blood flow, the flow of life.
“And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live. (Deuteronomy 30:6 NKJV)
- The “heart” provides oxygen to every cell in body and soul. The “heart “is seat of senses, affections and emotions. It is the seat of will and purpose Intellect and wisdom are also ascribed to the heart. He wants it all.
TURN TO ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART
- Turn to Him in what we see, hear, taste, smell, and touch.
- Turn to Him in our faith, love, peace, kindness, goodness, and mercy
- Turn to Him in our fear, hate, chaos, malice, greed, lies, and pride
- Turn to Him in our joy and pain; tears and fears; elation and anger; pride and shame.
- Turn to Him in our hopes and dreams; sickness and health; good times and bad; thoughts and prayers; questions and confusion; beliefs and unbelief; needs and our plenty; confidence and dismay; strength and weakness.
- Turn to Him our politics and family; marriage and sex; work and free time; diet & exercise, social media and our tongue.
- Turn to Him in everything we say and everything we do.
TURN WITH FASTING, WEEPING, AND MOURNING. WHATEVER IT TAKES, TURN.
REND YOUR HEART
We are to tear and cut a way every evil, lie and deception from our heart. Our mind is renewed with the word. Then, Our heart is washed and healed; the broken pieces of our heart are sewn back together better than before. If what we sense, say, think or do is not leading us to Him, we are told in 1 Corinthians 10:5, to “cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.” Rend our hearts and we will live the life we are called to.
And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. Deuteronomy 30 :6
RETURN TO THE LORD YOUR GOD
He is gracious.
He is merciful.
He is slow to anger.
He is of great kindness.
He relents from doing harm.
HE IS A GOOD GOD!
“Do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance, (to turn and change your mind and inner man to accept God’s will)? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. (Romans 2:4-5 NIV)
All He did and does is because He loves us. He wants our whole heart and in return He gives us His whole life.
I enCOURAGE you reach out your arms to our Father and give it ALL to Him.
And I will give them a heart to know me, that I [am] the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart. (Jeremiah 24:7 KJV)