by Tammy Phillips
July 26, 2020
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. – Acts 9:15 NKJV
The Bible tells us in Acts 9:15 that Saul was a chosen vessel of God to bear his name. God used a murderous, persecutor to write the majority of the New Testament and to spread the Gospel. And, Ananias was the disciple and chosen vessel to lead Saul to his destiny.
YOU are a chosen vessel of God to bear the name of Jesus. If you are a follower of Christ, you are called a Christian for a reason. You have a purpose in His kingdom. Remember…
- You did not choose Jesus, but he chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit. (John 15:16 )
- You are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)
- He also called you; He justified you ; He also glorified you . (Romans 8:30)
- You are chosen … that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (1 Peter 2:9)
- He chose you in Him before the foundation of the world…(Ephesians 1:4)
Think of it like this, a flower is also chosen vessel to reflect the creative beauty and goodness of God.
As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. – Psalm 103:15 NKJV
The Hebrew word for flower here is tsiyts which means bloom, glisten, a shining thing. The etymology of this word is tsuwts which means to shine, to flourish, to be bright shine, twinkle, and to sparkle. It looks like, God likes sparkle and shine as much as we do. (I mean streets of gold in heaven, right?) So, If man is like a flower, and a flower sparkles and shines. We are his chosen vessel, bearing, his name, and reflecting His glory. We are made to flourish. We are vessels made to sparkle and shine.
I enCOURAGE you to know how very special you are to God. YOU ARE HIS CHOSEN VESSEL. He did not walk into Kroger and pick any old flower or vase. He created you and picked you. He wants to pour into you so you can pour into others. You know that you are called to SPARKLE. Shine on!