May 23, 2020
“That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”1 Corinthians 2:5
We have faith in…
- A chair rising two feet off the floor, sitting on a deck suspended high above the ground, hanging off the side of a skyscraper.
- Airplanes that safely take off, glide thousands of feet in the air and land.
- Telephones that we pick up, push a few buttons and connect with the world.
- Light switches that we flip, and “voila,” darkness is over come by light.
- Cars that transport us at fast speeds wherever we need to go by simply pushing an accelerator.
- Water appearing at the simple turn of a handle.
- Pills that heal every ailment.
- The sun that faithful rises and sets each day.
- Our heart beating and our lungs breathing to keep us alive.
We faithfully and easily believe in all these things. Yet, we find it hard to believe that our God who created us, could heal us, protect us, provide for us, even save us. We choose to put our trust in fear of the bad news the doctor brings. We fear that our children will continue to mess up, our grand kids might get corona or that we might not have enough to eat. We fear we have missed the mark too many times. Why is it so hard to have faith in God? Why is it hard to believe that he is who He says he is and will do everything he says he will do?
Can you imagine the hours that it took to write the Bible? It is a book that has survived and survived and survived. It is God’s love letter to us. I have discovered His promises are true. Need answers? They are all in the Bible. We either believe that God is big enough to inspire His people to write the truth or we do not. We believe He is big enough to handle our trial and troubles or He is not.
2 Timothy 3:15 states that “from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”
Jesus said to the disciples In Mark 11:22, the same thing he is saying to us, his disciples today: “Have faith in God.” Trust God. Rely on God. Be confident in God. Kenneth Hagin interprets the verse like this: “Have God kind of faith.” Have the confidence of God. Believe He is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do!
The scriptures also say:
- The just live by faith in God. (Habakkuk 2:4, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38)
- Stand fast in faith. (1 Corinthians 16:13)
- Be Established in the faith. (Colossians 2:7)
- By faith in Christ Jesus we are children of God. (Galatians 3:26) So…
- Have Faith in God. (Mark 11:22)
Believe Him! He’s got you and your family. Do not fear under any circumstance. Have Faith in God. Well, you can fear and be amazed by God…that’s the only time we need to fear.
I enCOURAGE you to “exam yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.” (2 Corinthians 13:5). Don’t put your faith in your fears. Have faith in God. Walk by faith in God. Live by faith in God
Let our confession always be:
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”