April 12, 2020
And he said unto them, GO ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)
Dear Disciple of Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord:
This year we are not celebrating Easter as we have in the past. We will not go to church a building. We will attend “church” online with our immediate family who lives in our home. We will not have a big lunch celebration with all the extended family. It will be small and intimate. Will I miss our gathering? Yes.
However, did Jesus direct us to have a feast honoring his resurrection? Did he have a big party with the disciples or a brunch after his Son Rise? The answer is no. Before his death, he said remember my body broken, my blood shed and my death, but nothing directing us to celebrate His resurrection. (We should want to celebrate Jesus everyday with out being directed.)
However, after searching through the gospels to see what Jesus did to celebrate the most amazing happening ever, what I discovered was not what I was looking for. I found out that he had a couple of conversations, but they didn’t even recognize him. Even when he met up with the disciples in Galilee, they were so amazed that they did not offer him food. He had to ask for something to eat. They gave him a piece of broiled fish and honeycomb, not a meal fit for the risen King.
So, what did Jesus do when he gathered with his eleven disciples on the mountain in Galilee? To paraphrase, He said, “Let’s go! My work is complete and it’s time for y’all to go to work.” He rallied his trained and prepared troops, all eleven of them. He commissioned his troops. (Honestly, the word should have been “GO-MISSIONED.”) He activated his army. He presented his mission plan which looked something like this across the gospels:
- He established his authority in Matthew 28:18, “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”
- His disciples then and his future disciples, us!
- GO! (Matthew 28:19 & Mark 16:15)
- Start in Jerusalem. (Luke 24:47)
- All nations; All the World (Matthew 28:19 & March 16:15)
- Mission Orders:
- Teach all to observe Jesus’ commands. (Love God and other!)
- Preach to every creature. (Mark 16:15)
- Preach repentance & remission of sins in his name. (Luke 24:47)
- If they believe, they are saved. (Mark 16:16)
- Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- Wait until you receive the promise of the Father and are endued with power from on high. (Luke 24:49)
- Signs of those who believe, in Jesus name: (Mark 16:17-18)
- Cast out devils: (Devils are messengers or evil spirits of the false accuser. ) We should come against thoughts daily that are not the truth. It is throwing defeating thoughts out of our mind. (ie: “You gonna die from the Corona!) This could also mean to cancel out what the false messenger is telling someone else by speaking truth or praying over them to help them beat the thoughts or actions of the enemy. It could mean exercising our God given authority and going at the enemy in another’s life, but you better be prayed and fasted up to take this on.
- Speak with new tongues. (call me about this. I’ll explain.)
- Take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing is shall not hurt them. This is not snake handling or drinking poison. It is believing in the divine protection of God.
- Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. Pray for the sick by laying on hands. Doctors do this everyday. This should not be be unusual happening.
- He led them out! (Luke 24:50)
- He lifted up his hands and blessed them. (Luke 24:50)
- He said I will be with you until the end of the world. (Matthew 28:20)
- They worshiped and returned to Jerusalem. (Luke 24:52)
- They were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. (Luke 24:53)
- They went forth and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word with signs following. (Mark 16:20)
Looking at what Jesus did after the resurrection, there should be no questions as to what we should be doing. Jesus finished his work and passed the torch to us, his disciples. As followers of Christ, we are charge we the same mission. We should be prepared. We have our full armor (Ephesians 6) It is time to deploy.
Arise, Army of God.
I enCOURAGE you in the words of our Commander in Chief, Jesus Christ. “ARISE! Make up your bed! Go!” Celebrate Jesus this year by fulfilling your “GO-MISSION.” Celebrate Jesus by telling someone about how he has changed your life. Celebrate Jesus by proclaiming his story. Celebrate Jesus; help someone in need. Celebrate Jesus by sharing his love. I enCOURAGE you to join me and follow our leader. Follow Jesus. He said in John 13:15, “For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.” He arose, made up his bed, and went. We must follow his example; Arise, make up our bed, and GO!
Complete in Him and on the GO!