by Tammy Phillips
August 21, 2021
“And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.” (Luke 6:19 NKJV)
Before I went to bed last night, I asked the Lord for an encouragement for today. At some point during the night, my husband reached out and ever so gently grasped my hand. It was only for a moment and then he turned and rolled back into his slumber. I thought, how powerful! There is something in a touch!
- A touch is a word of compassion.
- A touch is a signal of love.
- A touch says, “You are not alone.”
- A touch is comforting.
- A touch soothes.
- A touch calms.
- A touch fosters a sense of well-being.
- A touch encourages.
- A touch nurtures
- A touch bonds.
- A touch brings happiness.
- A touch prompts trust.
- A touch can inspire hope and optimism.
- A touch releases the “feel good hormone.”
- A touch can relieve stress and anxiety.
- A touch can improve the function of your immune system
- A touch can reduce diseases associated with heart and blood.
- A touch can lower blood pressure
- A touch heals.
“To touch can be to give life,” – Michelangelo.
It is no wonder that all who were sick sought to touch Jesus. There was and is power in His touch. He was, is and will always be hope, wholeness, completeness, healing, and love.
I enCOURAGE you reach out and touch someone. Release the power and love of Jesus in you to touch someone’s life. If you have need of healing, body, soul, or spirit, reach out to Jesus, or someone who can lead you to Jesus, and receive His healing touch. He healed all that reached out and touched Him.
“Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made whole.” (Mark 6:56 NKJV)
P.S.: The Greek word for touch in both reference verses means to fasten on to; to attach; lay hold of; to set on fire. The gentle touch of Jesus was so powerful that it set a fire in whoever He touched or whoever touched him. A touch of fire! A touch of life! Reach out and touch someone and spread the fire of Jesus!