by Tammy Phillips
August 11, 2021
“And Asa cried out to the LORD his God, and said, “LORD, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O LORD our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name, we go against this multitude. O LORD, You are our God; do not let man prevail against You!” (2 Chronicles 14:11 NKJV)
Asa boldly prayed this prayer as he went out to battle with 580, 000 mighty men of valor yielding shields and bows, against an Ethiopian army of 1,000,000 who had horses and chariots. The odds were not in his favor, but his God was. He courageously gave us a powerful prayer to echo in our own lives. Let’s take a part his prayer
- Asa cried out to the Lord. He knew he could not win this battle alone. He needed the Lords help, so he asked for it.
- He cried to His God. He accepted that the LORD was God. If we do not believe that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do, then why waste our time calling on Him.
- He made a declaration. “LORD, it is nothing for you to help!” In those words, He was declaring his faith in the Lord. We might say it like this, “You are God Almighty. There is no one like you and nothing that you cannot do. This is nothing for You, Lord.”
- Whether many or no power, mighty or powerless…It is all God. It is He that goes before. It doesn’t matter whether we are strong or weak. “For the LORD your God [is] He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.” (Deuteronomy 20:4 NKJV)
- Simple prayer. “Help us, O LORD our God.” If all we can pray is help us, it is more than enough to activate our loving heavenly Father to go to work on our behalf. It is uncomplicated trust in the Lord
- His confidence in the Lord proclaimed. “We rest on You.” Our task is to ask and then we wait. The Lord is our support in the matter. We lean on Him. We trust in Him. We wait on Him.
- “In Your name we go against this multitude.” It is in His name we go. If He does not lead us, we do not go. If He goes, we follow by the power and authority of His name. He has many names we can trust in…
El Shaddai, ALMIGHTY GOD, stronger than anyone or anything who comes against us.
Jehovah Nissi, the LORD our BANNER who goes before us to wage war.
Jehovah Jireh, Our God, and our Provider.
Jesus, the King of Kings and Savior in everything.
It does not matter how small or large our enemy, God is on our side. “So, we may boldly say: “The LORD [is] my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”(Hebrews 13:6 NKJV) And “If GOD is for us who can be against us.” (Romans 8:31)
- “O LORD, You are our God.” He declared again his faith in the One, True God.
- “Do not let man prevail against You!” Asa threw it all to the Lord in this one statement. He laid the responsibility of the victory into the Lords lap. Talk about bold and courageous. It is like Asa said, “I am not doing this. It is you and your battle alone, Lord. Win, lose, or draw it is yours. I am standing on Your word! Victory is only through You, God. Don’t let men shut You in or shut You up!”
What are you warring against? Can you pray the bold prayer of Asa, no matter what you are up against?
I enCOURAGE you to resound the prayer of Asa in your battle. Whatever you are facing, cry to the Lord, “It is nothing for You to help, I don’t care how big or small. Help us, O LORD God! I lean on You, and in Your name, I go against this enemy. O LORD, You are my God; do not let man nor enemy prevail against You!”
“Thanks be to GOD who gives us the victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST.” -1 Cor.15:57