by Tammy Phillips
May 24, 2021
To fast means to abstain from food. The primary idea is the mouth being shut or covered over. Makes sense that if we keep our mouth shut, we can hear more clearly from God. God’s fast is a time of reset. It is a time to be laser focused on His heart and purposes for the individual and for others. It is a time to break free. It is a time of freedom. I do not know what a fast looks like to you, but I encourage you into God’s fast. According to Isaiah 58:6-7:
THE PURPOSE OF GOD’S FAST
- To loosen, open wide, throw open the bonds of wickedness and wrong that hold us captive.
- To undo, move, loose, set free, unfasten, jump, shake off the heavy, bar of yoke that burdens, binds, and ties in knots.
Take the yoke of Jesus. It is easy and it is light. (Matthew 11:30)
- To let the oppressed, the broken, the cracked in pieces, the bruised, the crushed, and the discourage go free and spread loose.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3 NKJV)
- To break, to tear off, to break off, lift up, pluck away, pull out, root out every yoke of burden.
- To share, divide, or break bread with the hungry. Physically and spiritually. Our bread shared can point others to the Bread of Life.
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. (John 6:35 NKJV)
- To bring home the poor, depressed, in mind or circumstances, the browbeaten, the downcast, the afflicted, the lowly, and the needy who are cast out and restlessly roam.
- To cover and clothe the naked and exposed.
- Not to hide yourself from your own flesh and blood.
God says in Isaiah 58:9-10, “If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the fingers, and speaking wickedness, if you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul”, then there are;
PROMISED BLESSINGS OF OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S FAST
- Your light shall break forth like the morning.
Answers and illumination will come.
- Your healing shall spring forth speedily.
Healing of the hurt and broken will come fast from the Great Physician.
- And your righteousness shall go before you.
Only righteousness is Jesus. He leads the way.
- The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
The glory of the Lord brings up the rear…no worries there.
God has our back!
- Call, and the LORD will answer; cry, and He will say, “Here I am”
What comfort. God answers and God is always with us.
“Fear not, for I [am] with you; Be not dismayed, for I [am] your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'[Isa 41:10 NKJV]
- Your light shall dawn in the darkness.
- Your darkness shall [be] as the noonday.
“To the repentant, God promises blessing. Not only will we have light, but even our darkness shall be as the noonday!”-David Gusik
- The LORD will guide you continually.
When you turn to the Lord, He leads you forth. He transports. He shows the way…ALWAYS.
- He will satisfy your soul in drought and in the parched place.
“But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst.” (John 4:14 NKJV)
- He will strengthen your bones.
Fear the LORD and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.(Proverbs 3:7-8 NKJV)
- You shall be like a watered garden (flourishing)
You will be a flourishing place not a parched place.
- And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
“But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” (John 4:14 NKJV)
I enCOURAGE you into God’s fast. Take time to shut your mouth. Cover your mouth in prayer. Return to the Lord. Hear what He has to say. I cannot tell you how the fast helps me refocus and reset to God’s heart. Freedom from what binds and burdens can be found. God can be found. Also, we can never out give God. When we return to Him with hearts wide open, He always pours, and I mean pours, until I am overflowing with His love, mercy, kindness, and goodness. This is where I am headed. Join me?
One thought on “GOD’S FAST”
Love this…and I’ll join you!♥️
LikeLiked by 1 person