by Tammy Phillips
March 8, 2021
“Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth; keep watch at the door of my lips.” (Psalm 141:3 AMPC)
When I read Psalm 141:3, I envisioned the Queen’s Guard posted at each side of my mouth. The purpose of the Queen’s Guard at Buckingham Palace is:
- To pay attention to the enemy
- Protection of the Queen
- Protection of the Queen’s home
- Protection of the Queen’s family
- To exemplify discipline.
- Guards do not take a break for anything
- Guards watch the door, entrance and exit.
- Guards allow no one, nor no thing in without permission of the Queen.
Our Lord does the same thing for us, but even better.
I enCOURAGE you to allow the Lord to set a guard at the corners of your mouth and to watch what you say through the swinging door of your lips.