by Tammy Phillips
May 16, 2020
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Psalm23:3
Have you ever traveled with a tour guide? We have been blessed to go on a few trips with a navigator. You do not have to worry about one thing. When going on long journeys to foreign countries, it is the best way to go. Below, as you read the benefits of a tour director, think about how God leads us through uncharted territory:
- Very knowledgeable and up to date about the culture and area traveling to and through.
- Logistics expert: Design and provide an itinerary, thus, eliminating the responsibility of planning for the traveler. Ultimately, the guide is responsible for the trip.
- Organizes meals and lodging.
- Schedules transportation and furnishes directions.
- Experienced in the adventure and provides the proper equipment for the journey.
- Ensures safety in dangerous locations because of knowledge of terrain, weather, and danger zones.
- Knows the best way to lead because of prior experience. “Been there done that!”
- Points out dangers and beauties that an untrained eye could not see.
- Teaches how not to be conned by the “locals” while traveling through unknown lands.
- Knows the best places to go. (Knows location of green pastures and still waters!)
- Welcomes questions and meets the needs of the traveler.
A tour guide can be costly but worth the money. Our Guide, our Shepherd, has redeemed us and offers all His benefits to us, freely. His lead is priceless. All we have to do is follow. He wants us to follow Him out of the desert and into the promises land. He has a great plan for us.
God is our Guide, Director and Navigator. Look at how He leads:
RIGHTEOUSNESS: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. [Psalm 23:3]
MERCY: Thou hast led forth in thy mercy the people [which] thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided [them] in thy strength unto thy holy habitation. [Exodus 15:13 KJV]
PLAINLY: Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path. [Psalm 27:11 KJV]
ROCK & FORTRESS: For thou [art] my rock and my fortress; therefore, for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me. [Psalm 31:3 KJV]
LIGHT and TRUTH: O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; [Psalm 43:3 KJV]
COUNSEL: Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel. [Psalm 73:24 KJV]
SAFELY: And he led them on safely, so that they feared not: [Psalm 78:53 KJV]
BY HIS HAND: Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. [Psalm 139:10 KJV]
ALWAYS: Lead me in the way everlasting. [Psalm 139:24 KJV]
CONTINUALLY: And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. [Isaiah 58:11 KJV]
I enCOURAGE you to follow His lead. Let God navigate and direct all of your travels and travails. He has proved Himself over and over to be the BEST TOUR GUIDE. He loves His job but loves His customers more. Follow the Shepherd!